Vessel Electrical Safety Inspection
INSTRUCTIONS: (You must log-in to the website, then click the sign-up button below)
One benefit of your Queen City membership is a free electrical safety inspection conducted by the Vessel Electrical Safety Committee (VESC). Committee members are happy to help you troubleshoot problems and refer you to professionals to solve difficult electrical issues.
Members may signup on the website calendar to bring their vessel to the U for a voluntary inspection. Vessels mooring at the Portage Bay Mainstation on non-ground fault protected circuit breakers are required to pass an electrical inspection at least once every two years.
Captains who sign up for a given date are taken on a first come - first served basis. Your vessel will be inspected at its assigned moorage or at the U dock. (Inspectors come to you). The sequence in which vessels are inspected is up to the discretion of the inspector. Inspectors will work until all registered vessels are inspected (weather permitting.) Inspector will not board the vessel unless invited. Inspectors and Captains are required to wear personal protective masks if requested by either party.
- A responsible person who knows the location of the vessel circuit breakers and operation of the vessel electrical equipment must be aboard during the inspection.
- Inspector will ask Captain to turn off all AC breakers and inverter, if equipped.
- Inspector will then turn off pedestal power and insert test equipment.
- Inspector will check power cord and connections for compliance with rules.
- Inspector will re-energize power pedestal and instruct Captain to turn on AC power transfer switch, main breaker, inverter if equipped and all AC sub-breakers in sequence.
- Inspector will conduct electrical imbalance tests on all AC equipment on board.
- Test equipment will be removed and the Captain will be given a copy of the results.
Please contact the Event Chair with any questions.
EVENT CHAIR: Tom Wilson TobaBallard@gmail.com 206-391-3110
LOCATION: QCYC Main Station.
DATE / TIME: January 21, 2023 0900 to 1200 or until all vessels are tested.