Vessel Electrical Safety Inspection – All Docks
SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS (You must log-in to the website to sign up, then click sign-up button below)
All vessels assigned moorage or applying for moorage are required to pass a vessel electrical safety inspection in order to plug into dock power at any Queen City facility. Members’ currently not assigned moorage will have to bring the vessel to the club so the inspection can take place in the U. Successful completion of this electrical inspection will qualify your vessel as meeting the requirement for one year from the date of inspection.
Per Club Rule 3.04.02: Every vessel moored at Queen City Yacht Club at the Mainstation on a permanent, temporary or sublet basis, every vessel assigned to winter moorage at the Bainbridge Island Outstation and every vessel applying for new permanent moorage or sublet, shall be required to pass an electrical inspection as described in this rule. The inspections will be conducted by electrical inspectors appointed by the Club.
Captains who sign up for a given date are taken on a first come - first served basis until the limit of participants is reached. Your vessel will be inspected at its assigned moorage (Inspectors come to you). The sequence in which vessels are inspected is up to the discretion of the inspector. Inspectors will work until all registered vessels are inspected weather permitting.
In order to maintain social distancing, Inspector will not board the vessel unless required to check the vessel's power receptacle. Inspectors and Captains are required to wear personal protective masks.
- A responsible person who knows the location of the vessel circuit breakers and operation of the vessel electrical equipment must be aboard during the inspection.
- Inspector will arrive at vessel and ask Captain to turn off all AC breakers. Inspector will then turn off pedestal power and insert test equipment.
- Inspector will check power cord and connections for compliance with rules.
- Inspector will re-energize power pedestal and instruct Captain to turn on AC power transfer switch, main breaker, inverter if equipped and all AC sub-breakers in sequence.
- Inspector will conduct electrical imbalance tests on all AC equipment on board.
- Test equipment will be removed and the Captain will be given a copy of the results.
Captains are asked not to engage the inspectors in lengthy conversations as there are many vessels to be inspected in a given period. Inspectors have a troubleshooting information sheet to leave with any interested Captain. Please contact the Event Chair with any questions.
EVENT CHAIR: Tom Wilson TobaBallard@gmail.com 206-391-3110
LOCATION: QCYC Main Station, All Docks.
DATE / TIME: January 8, 2022 0900 to 1200 or until all vessels are tested.