Due to a recent QCYC Rule change, all vessels assigned moorage or using the outstation are required to pass a vessel electrical safety inspection. Citation from the Rules follows and can be viewed on the QCYC website.
Per Club Rule 3.04.02: Every vessel moored at Queen City Yacht Club at the Mainstation on a permanent, temporary or sublet basis, every vessel assigned to winter moorage at the Bainbridge Island Outstation and every vessel applying for new permanent moorage or sublet, shall be required to pass an electrical inspection as described in this rule. The inspections will be conducted by electrical inspectors appointed by the Club.
Successful completion of this inspection will qualify your vessel as meeting that requirement. Each inspection is dock specific per the date and times specified. Captains who sign up for a given date are taken on a first come - first served basis. Your vessel will be inspected in its assigned moorage (Inspectors come to you). For members’ currently not assigned moorage, the inspection will take place in the U and you will have to bring the vessel to the club.
In order to maintain social distancing, no inspector will board the vessel, unless the vessel's power receptacle is NOT visible from the dock. Inspectors and Captains are to wear personal protective masks.
- Inspector will arrive vessel and ask Captain to turn off the AC main breaker(s). Inspector will then turn off pedestal power and insert test equipment.
- Inspector will check power cord and connections for compliance with rules.
- Inspector will then re-energize power pedestal and instruct Captain to turn on AC main breaker(s) AND all AC sub-breakers.
- Inspector will conduct electrical imbalance tests and record results.
- Captain will be informed of the results and test equipment will be removed.
Captains are asked to NOT engage the inspectors in lengthy conversations about results as there are many vessels to be inspected in a given period. Inspectors have an information sheet to leave with any interested Captain.
The sequence in which vessels are inspected is left totally up to the discretion of the inspector. The number of participants is limited for each inspection period.
SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS (You must be logged onto the website to sign up)
- Click the sign up button below.
- Select "Myself" under “This Reservation Is For”
- Leave the number 1 in the “ Number of Adults Attending” box
- Place your NAME in the name box and the SLIP # in the comments box.