Minutes of Planning and Finance October 3rd, 2023

Planning and Finance Meeting Minutes

Tuesday, October 3  6:00 PM Zoom Meeting 

P&F Committee Members: Chairman P/BC -  Mark Weiss, P/BC - Gerald Fey, Jeff Ohlstrom, Jan Gould P/T, Terron Lindholme P/C, Commodore Michael Day

Guests: Treasurer Ray Rebello, Vice Commodore Doug Genord, Rear Commodore Doug Wadden, Joyce Carlson

Excused Absences:  Board Chairman Rodger McKinley

Opening Comments: Planning and Finance Chairman Mark Weiss.

Approval of Minutes:  Three changes made minutes to better reflect the spirit of conversations.  Amended minutes reset to all in attendance.  Jeff motioned to approve the minutes

Election of new Secretary:  Jan suggested that the Secretary rotate every two months.  Jan agreed to create a schedule of rotation.

Bridge Reports: 

-Commodore Michael Day:  New office staff (Audrey) started Oct 2.  Asked that if we feel there are anomalies in normal functions (reports, data, etc.) they be brought directly to him or Ray.

-Vice Commodore Doug Genord:  Parking lot and water damage claim.  City has come back with data, photos, elevation readings, core samples.  They determined they have not detected damage, but they believe there is damage.  They’ve asked that we consider “coming to terms” on any remediation.

Mark suggested remediation be considered for all of the locker damage, mud etc.

Ray said we replaced the landscaping twice (water main broke twice)

Doug said the enter/exit ramps should be completely replaced, due to the city’s hasty street-side fix.

-Rear Commodore Doug Waden:  He’s working on membership and boat show

Board Report: Rodger McKinley, Board Chair: No Report

Treasurer Report: Ray Rebello, deferred to Joyce.  She has delineated various spending/savings categories to better show their respective conditions.

Old Business:

  • Reserve Study Update. Mark forwarded the Reserve Study to all P&F.  Mike suggested each relevant committee chair see their aspects of the study to ensure objectivity.

Jeff and Mark discussed best ways to break down data for committee chair consumption.

  • P&F Review and comment by 10/9: ACTION ITEM: Wants comments from P&F members by Friday, Oct 6th. 
  • 520 Updates: Mark, bids have started coming back for dock three work and they are much higher than anticipated.
  • Budget 2023/2024 
    • When would P&F set as a date for presentation to the BOT. If it fails on the first vote, have it early enough in the year so a second option can be voted on. Mark suggested P&F talk to the BOT on making two runs at a vote.
    • We need a bylaws update for dues, adding inflation increases, maintenance anticipation.
    • ACTION ITEM for Mark contact SYC Commodore for a copy of their moorage survey.
    • ACTION ITEM for Terron. Provide the market analysis that my Bridge did for a dues increase, that passed.

Gerald would like to have added to the agenda the consideration for monthly dues billings.  Said smaller monthly payments might help with annual dues sticker shock, and spreads future rate increases over 12 easy payments.  But wait, there’s more.

Mark would like to have a revenue-increase plan to take to the Board.

ACTION ITEM for Terron: Send Michael presentations made for Due and Moorage increases.

P&F agreed that we would have a plan for the BOT so a vote can take place in February, as part of the contingency for a second vote before summer break. 



Next Meeting:  - Monday, Oct. 30 at 6:00pm Zoom Meeting


Meeting Date
Meeting Type
Planning & Finance