Planning and Finance Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, September 5 6:00 PM Zoom Meeting
P&F Committee Members: Chairman P/BC - Mark Weiss, P/BC - Gerald Fey, Jeff Ohlstrom, Jan Gould P/T, Terron Lindholme P/C, Commodore Michael Day, Board Chairman Rodger McKinley
Guests: Treasurer Ray Rebello, Vice Commodore Doug Genord, Rear Commodore Doug Wadden, Joyce Carlson
Excused Absences: None
Opening Comments: Planning and Finance Chairman Mark Weiss.
Approval of Minutes: Motioned by Jeff, 2nd by Jan.
Election of new Secretary
-Commodore Michele Bedner: Budget looks to be on track.
-Vice Commodore Michael Day: No report
-Rear Commodore Doug Genord: Looking at a lot of parking lot options. Nothing yet decided.
Board Report: Rodger McKinley, Board Chair: No report
Treasurer Report: Joyce Carlson/Ray Rebello: Outstation dock ramp & jetty replacement may exceed Board approved amount.
ACTION ITEM: Validate total spend for contract work. Has there been an update to the established contract?
- 520 Updates: Mark reported that the work slips move will be part of the 520 contract and main contractor will manage the moves.
- City permits are taking an unusually long time.
- They made an adjustment in the budget for betterments.
- We have most of the pedestals, as all need to be replaced. There are more coming.
- Budget Items 2023/2024
- Achieving a balanced budget is challenging due to rising costs of maintenance and goods
- Discussed 8% moorage increase.
- Do we have the best marina insurance?
- There have been website and outstation pier increases.
- Year over year, we have $70K less in income.
- V/C Day said we are deferring $120K in needed maintenance items - 15% increase in moorage would be needed to keep up with maintenance.
- Discussed tying dues increases to the Inflation Index or other ways to increase moorage amounts on a regular basis.
- Gerald motioned for a 15% moorage increase, passed. Also suggest to the Board that they consider other ways to regularly increase revenue.
- Reserve Study is coming, 5 year plan review at Oct meeting.
Meeting closed at 8:10pm.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 3 at 6:00pm Zoom Meeting